From time to time, we need to schedule a reboot for our Windows servers. I did the screenshots on a server running Windows 2012, but it should apply to Windows 10. Here are the steps.
- Search for Task Scheduler and run it.
- Click on Create Basic Task.
- Enter a name and click on Next
- Select one time and click on Next.
- Set the date and time you want to reboot your computer.
- Select Start a program and click on Next.
- Enter the information as shown in the screenshot and click on Next. Note that the code p:0:0 means the reboot is planned and the reason for reboot is Other. Please refer to the documentation of shutdown.exe if you need a different code.
- Check Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish. Click on Finish
- Check Run with highest privileges and click on Ok.