When I was setting up an Apple TV to connect to our work’s WiFi network, I got this message saying:
There was a problem connecting to the network. The network you’re attempting to join requires you to install a profile on your Apple TV. For more information, go to http://www.apple.com/support/appletv/.
If you check the link, it actually does not give you enough information to install a profile on your Apple TV. After further search, I finally found out how to do it. Here are the steps:
- Open App Store and search for Apple Configurator 2
- Install Apple Configurator 2
- Open Apple Configurator 2
- Click on File -> New profile to create a new profile
- In the general section, give your profile a name.
- Click on the Wi-Fi section and fill in the information like in the screenshot. Note that the MSCHAPv2 option will only show if you have the TTLS box checked.
- Click on File -> Save to save the profile
- Connect the Apple TV to your computer using a USB cable
- Double click on the Apple TV in Apple Configurator 2 to open it
- Click on Actions -> Add -> Profiles and select the profile created earlier
- Close the Window and disconnect Apple TV
- Reboot Apple TV and try to connect to the Wi-Fi network