Microsoft Store has Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 on sale for $41.99 + free shipping. Click on the following link to get the deal.
If you have a Playstation 3 or other DivX certified device, you can get one free movie download when you register. You will need the DivX VOD Registration Code from your PS3 to register. Here is a video showing you how to get the registration code.
Once you have the registration code, go to
and register. You can pick one of the 5 movies listed:
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- Two Weeks Notice
- The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants
- Batman Begins
- Green Lantern: First Flight
Just got my Netflix instant streaming disc for PS3 last week. The interface is intuitive, but there is not a manual or help about what the buttons on your pad are for. I am compiling this cheat sheet for reference. Hope this is useful. I’ll also update the post once I learn more about Netflix for PS3.
- D-Pad or Left Analog Stick: Navigation
- X: Confirm
- Circle: Exit Netflix for PS3
- R2: Page right
- L2: Page Left
- Up on D-pad or Square: Go back to Browsing Mode.
- Right on D-pad: Next frame
- Left on D-pad: Previous frame
- R2: Fast forward (3 speed)
- L2: Fast rewind (3 speed)
- Select: Media info
- Start: Pause/Resume
- Circle: Exit Netflix for PS3
- Triangle: On screen menu
Here are some notes:
- The Left Analog Stick’s function is the same as the D-Pad. The Right Analog Stick is not used.
- If you want Netflix to remember your viewing progress, remember to press Up or Square button to exit out the playback. Wait until the updating message disappears before you turn off the machine.
- When the network is slow, the picture quality is bad. You can pause the playback for a few seconds and resume it. The picture quality would be improved for a short while.
Windows 7 has made sharing media easy. You can streaming your music and videos to other computers or devices on the network. Here are the steps.
- Click on Start and type Media Streaming.
- Click on Media Streaming Options under Control Panel.
- Click on Turn on media streaming.
- The media server is ready. You can fine tune the settings here.
Once you have it turned on, all the DLNA compatible devices like PS3 and XBox 360 on your local network can access the media on your Windows 7 computer.
I saw this on slickdeal.net.
Playstation Network is now offering Rag Doll Kung Fu for free until May 21. To get this game, go to Playstation Store through your PS3. Click on New Releases and Sprint.
I have not played this game yet but it seems like a decent party game.
Amazon.com is running a Blu-Ray Sale now through March 22, 2009. If you are like me who just started out to build a Blu-Ray collection, now it’s a good time to pick your favorite shows at discounted prices.
I have been eying PS3 for quite some time. However, $399 is kinda steep for me. Over the holiday season, I saw a deal that’s just too good to miss. Actually, it’s not just one deal, there are two deals combined to bring the total cost down.
The first one is the credit card deal from Sony Rewards. The card is a Playstation Card. At that time, there several offers. One offer gives you $150 credit instantly when you purchase a PS3 directly from Sony. I didn’t take that offer, because Sony sells PS3 for $399 and they also charge shipping. Therefore, the final cost for a PS3 is about $290. It’s a good deal without much hassles, but it’s not good for me.
The offer I got is a $150 rebate, and you can buy the PS3 from any authorized dealers even at discounted price. This offer requires you to fill out a rebate form and wait for a few weeks. There are more works involved, but you get a much better deal in the end.
The second deal is from Amazon.com. There was a package deal with Dark Knight Blu-Ray Disc and Resistance 2 Collector Edition. The total cost is $399. The PS3 part is $323. My final cost for the PS3 is $323-$150 = $173!
So, can you still get that kind of deals now? Maybe, if you are patient. Sony Rewards do not have the $150 credit right now, but they had the same deals several times before. The other place to look for the $150 credit is Sony Style. I monitored those two sites for a few weeks before I saw the deal again.
As for the Playstation 3, Amazon doesn’t seem to have a good deal recently. However, Dell Home and Home Office does have it on sale quite often. If you are interested in the deal, click on the link . At the check out, enter the following code: Z0WPL1J0CC3W47 to save 20%. The offer ends on 3/26/2009.