Dell is offering a free eBook for those who register on their site.
The book gives a nice overview of the new OS. The printed copy of the book sells for about $14.00.
From the Back Cover
Just want to get going with Windows 8? This book was made for you!
Windows 8 looks and acts differently than previous Windows versions. The touch-friendly Start screen and new apps can confuse even the most experienced Windows user. This book helps you master Windows 8 by getting you started using the new interface, finding that missing file, creating a network, using Windows 8 on your tablet, and more.
- The big changes — tour the Start screen, where you load apps and programs, see where the desktop went, and use the Control Panel to customize Windows 8
- Touch and go — get acquainted with the many features designed for touchscreen devices
- Tour the web — use Internet Explorer, set up and use e-mail, access your social networks, and do it all with more security
- When you have to share — discover how to protect everyone’s privacy and how to set up a network
- The magic of media — play CDs, digital music, and movies, or work with photos transferred from your camera
Open the book and find:
- Straightforward explanations of unique features
- Which version of Windows 8 is right for you
- Tips for touchscreen users
- Whether you should upgrade to Windows 8
- Easy, do-it-yourself maintenance tips
- How to download apps from the Windows Store
- The easy way to back up your PC
- Ten things that will drive you crazy and how to fix them
- Use the Start screen to launch apps
- Send e-mail and link to social media accounts
- Create music playlists, watch videos, and organize photos
- Troubleshoot common problems
This post may contain affiliated links. When you click on the link and purchase a product, we receive a small commision to keep us running. Thanks.