To install VirtualBox 3.0 Guest Additions on a Fedora 12 virtual machine, follow these steps.
- In the virtual machine’s menu, click on Devices -> Install Guest Additions .
- The guest additions CD image is mounted. A message pops up asking about autorun. Click on Cancel.
- Click on the Applications -> System Tools -> Terminal to bring up a terminal window.
- Now you do the following steps in the terminal. Enter su and press enter. Enter root’s password to get a root prompt.
- We need two extra packages to install the guest additions. Enter the following commands.
yum -y install gcc kernel-devel
- Now change the directory to the guest additions media. The path is different, if you use a different version of VirtualBox.
- Run the guest additions script for 32bit machines. If you use a 64bit VM, use VBoxLinuxAdditions-amd64.run instead.
- Reboot the VM and it’s done.
I do not have a full guide on installing Fedora 12 on VirtualBox, but the whole process is very similar to installing Fedora 11. Please see this post for reference.
This post may contain affiliated links. When you click on the link and purchase a product, we receive a small commision to keep us running. Thanks.