To install VirtualBox 2.2 Guest Additions on a Fedora 11 virtual machine, follow these steps.
- In the virtual machine’s menu, click on Devices -> Install Guest Additions .
- Click anywhere inside the VM. Click on the Fedora -> Computer. Scroll down and click on the VBOXADDITIONS CD.
- Click on the Fedora icon again. Enter konsole and press enter to bring up a terminal(konsole).
- Now you do the following steps in the terminal. Enter su and press enter. Enter root’s password to get a root prompt.
- We need two extra packages to install the guest additions. Enter the following commands.
yum -y install gcc kernel-devel
- Now change the directory to the guest additions media. The path is different, if you use a different version of VirtualBox.
- Run the guest additions script for 32bit machines. If you use a 64bit VM, use VBoxLinuxAdditions-amd64.run instead.
- Reboot the VM and it’s done.
If you are interested in the full guide on installing Fedora 11 on VirutalBox. Please follow this link.
This post may contain affiliated links. When you click on the link and purchase a product, we receive a small commision to keep us running. Thanks.