After I QuickPwned my iPhone 3G, I got this error whenever I connect it to a PowerBook with iTunes: “iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “iPhone” because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000001)”. When I connected it to a differet MacBook and it was OK. I knew the problem lies with my PowerBook, not the iPhone.
I tried to get all the new updates for Mac OS X and iTunes and the problem persists. I also tried out several suggestions I found on the web. What worked for me is to conect it to a differnt USB port and the message is gone. What’s strage is that I am able to connect to the original USB port without any problems again.