To install VirtualBox 3.0 Guest Additions on a Fedora 12 virtual machine, follow these steps.
- In the virtual machine’s menu, click on Devices -> Install Guest Additions .
- The guest additions CD image is mounted. A message pops up asking about autorun. Click on Cancel.
- Click on the Applications -> System Tools -> Terminal to bring up a terminal window.
- Now you do the following steps in the terminal. Enter su and press enter. Enter root’s password to get a root prompt.
- We need two extra packages to install the guest additions. Enter the following commands.
yum -y install gcc kernel-devel
- Now change the directory to the guest additions media. The path is different, if you use a different version of VirtualBox.
- Run the guest additions script for 32bit machines. If you use a 64bit VM, use VBoxLinuxAdditions-amd64.run instead.
- Reboot the VM and it’s done.
I do not have a full guide on installing Fedora 12 on VirtualBox, but the whole process is very similar to installing Fedora 11. Please see this post for reference.