When I create AI images, I often have this problem. Some models tend to generate backlighted images. I tried to change the prompts to avoid backlighted situation, but most of the time, it’s not working well. I recently discovered an upscaler which works pretty well. I am going to show you how to use it.
- Visit this page and download the upscaler.
- Move the upscaler to this directory: stable-diffusion-webui/models/ESRGAN
- If your webui is currently running, restart webui
- Here is an example of using the upscaler in Hires.fix of txt2img.
- If you think it’s too bright, there is a way to control how much brighter you want. See the Extras example.
- Click on the Extras tab. Drop an image you want to modify in the image box. Select Upscaler 1 of your choice. Set Upscaler 2 to 1x_NMKD-BrightenRedux_200k. Set the visibility to 0.25.
Please let us know your experience with this upscaler. Does this fix your images too dark problem? If you would prefer a painting program, you can see this article to use Mini Paint in webui.
This post may contain affiliated links. When you click on the link and purchase a product, we receive a small commision to keep us running. Thanks.